Trek on the beautiful hills, spend some time with the serene nature and have an alone time in Roing. If you have a holiday destination that is budget-friendly and drop dead gorgeous then you must give Roing in Arunachal Pradesh a visit. It is located in the Dibang Valley and filled with landscapes that will mesmerize you. The nature, hills, greenery and weather in this place will make you want to come back. Other than relaxing for some time here, you can also visit few of these attractions while in Roing…
- Mayudia – Snow clad mountains, lush greens and perfect surrounding make Mayudia an ideal place for those who want to enjoy a peaceful holiday. It is a hill resort which is about 50 km away from Roing but it is worth the trip. You can also trek here and don’t forget to click pictures of the snow filled mountains.
- Mehao Lake – Located 14 km away, Mehao is at an altitude of about 3000 feet! This lake is a paradise for photographers and you will also spot gorgeous flowers around. You can see a number of wild ducks and fishes in the lake. There are also boating facilities in this place plus you can go trekking in the dense forest. You will be truly thrilled by your experience at the Mehao Lake. Don’t miss out on the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary as you will see many interesting species of wild animals like leopard, Himalayan Black Bear, tiger, cobra, python, and many other different types of animals.
- Bhismaknagar Fort – This is known as the oldest fort found in the state. There are six entrances and the fort has taken 1860 sq. meter approx. of land. The walls of this fort are made with bricks, stones and mud so that it is protected from any kind of hazards. Also, you will be stunned to see the designs and carvings on the fort.
- Hunli–This small picturesque town is situated at an altitude of 500 feet high and is quite popular with tourists. It is located in between a valley and photographers will never leave this place. You will be stunned by the gorgeous views of the greenery, valley and everything else. You can easily drive from Roing to the town Hunli. If you have a bike then it is much better because the peaceful surroundings and views are sure to grab your attention. You can also go for trekking or visit a popular cave temple in Hunli.
- Sally Lake – This is yet another timeless and absolutely startling place to see in Roing. It is just 2 to 3 kilometres away from the main place and is worth visiting. This natural lake offers scenic views.
Roing is an underrated tourist place! If you are travelling from Delhi, you can take a train to New Tinsukia Junction and then a cab to Roing. Make sure you call for train food delivery for the journey.