Riding your bicycle is one way of getting fit and healthy. Not only do you shed pounds just by doing so, but you are also giving the environment a favor. When you ride your bike, you are contributing to clean air and smokeless emissions that other vehicles disseminate into the air. This mode of transportation has been seen with great importance because it is affordability. When you go to someplace near, you don’t have to use your car.
But just like any other vehicles on the road, riding a bicycle also has its risks involve. In Europe, most countries have already adopted traffic laws that cover bicycles as part of the road and are treated the same way as other vehicles. Since riders share the road with other motorists, it cannot be avoided that there are incidents wherein riders unsuspectingly colliding with other vehicles.
Bicycle accidents can be deadly, especially because of the fact that riders receive the impact of the crash more than drivers that are enclosed in four-wheeled vehicles.To prevent such mishap from happening, it is important to prepare your bike and yourself before taking on the road, especially if you are joining a bike and barge tours Europe. You must also be aware of the things that you should do while driving your bicycle. Here are some of the steps on how to ride your bike safely:
- Before you ride on your bike, be sure that all of its parts are in good working condition. See to it that the tires are inflated properly. The brakes must be working well enough to decrease your speed until you come to a full stop. The chain must be clean and free from debris and has no problem turning. The bicycle seat must be adjusted according to your liking. Installing reflectors on your bike is also important to increase your visibility.
- Before you take on the road, be sure that you are wearing the right gear suitable for bikers. Do not forget to wear your helmet, as this is a requirement stipulated under your state’s traffic laws. You must wear bright, reflective clothing. That way, you’ll be seen by other motorists right away.
- When driving your bike alongside vehicles, it is important that you stay on the bicycle lane (if there is any). If not, you must refrain from lane-splitting. You must also ride with the direction of the traffic. You are also expected to obey the traffic rules and follow certain traffic signals just like you are driving your car.
- When you are in a bike and barge tours Europe, make sure that you listen to what your tour guide is telling you, especially when it comes to safety. Your guide knows all the risks that you may encounter during the tour, so it is a must to follow all his or her instructions.
- In case your bike breaks down while on the road, you must be able to contact a nearby repair shop. This is why it is important to always bring with you even the most basic tools that you can use for simple repairs. However, if your bike’s damage is beyond your skills and knowledge, you should take it to a professional.
Traveling Europe on your bike is undeniably a unique and fun experience. Seeing the sights and hearing the sounds of nature and the city have to offer is different when you biking. You get a more intimate experience because you can see the attractions more. If you are interested in touring Europe in a bike, look for a bike and barge tours Europe today and you will surely enjoy your trip.