Rafting is an adventurous activity that is full of fun and great excitement. Besides enjoying the activity to the fullest, it is equally important to take good care of yourself, and your loved ones who are engaged in this water sport. Dehydration is the most common and serious issue that can happen to anyone indulging in water based activity. Learning about these mistakes would help you not to prevent it whenever you are on a water based trip.
Some Tips to Prevent Making Mistakes
- Add a pinch of lemon juice to the water. It will make it tastier and helps in case of dehydration.
- Keep your drink enriched with Vitamin C, fibre and vitamins to provide required nutrition to the body.
- Ensure your drink does not contain alcohol.
- It is important to hydrate yourself prior to getting to the riverside. It is recommended to drink water when you board the plane and put on your life jacket. It is needed because if you initiate the trip in a dehydrated state, then you are likely to feel uncomfortable during your trip and might not be able to complete it.
- It is the best practice to keep your bottle within your This will make it easy to remain hydrated.
Mistakes that happen during Rafting
Not Drinking Adequate Quantities of Water
It is very interesting to note that when a person is surrounded by water, then he/she forgets to drink water. It is especially important for outdoor enthusiasts because when they indulge in this laborious activity they sweat more. This reduces the water content in the body and makes them dehydrated quickly. Due to this reason, your body becomes dehydrated and your efficiency reduces.
Drinking water at regular intervals is necessary to remain healthy. To make it a tasty beverage, you can even spice it up by adding your favourite fruit juice. Carry this drink with you at all the times while you are enjoying rafting. Children are very sensitive and you should take extra care to prevent them from getting dehydrated quickly.
Excess Sun Exposure
Every person requires exposure to the sun for some time on a daily basis. It provides the body with useful vitamin D that aids in better absorption of calcium and promotes strong and healthy bones. Excess sun exposure during rafting can cause you mild to severe skin issues such as cancer etc.
It is thus very important to apply a good quality, SPF-enriched sunscreen lotion to the various body parts that are likely to be exposed to the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Flyingpigrafting.com is one of the best companies that provide an opportunity to experience the magic of rafting.
Rafting is indeed a thrilling and entertaining outdoor activity that needs to be done in a safe way. It becomes even more pleasurable when you make proper arrangements to keep yourself and loved ones hydrated. So, make sure you do not repeat these mistakes in your next rafting trip.